Monday 18 September 2023

Brenda Scarman 16th September 2023; stitching with her kits

On Saturday Brenda Scarman set up an exhibition of her work and talked to us in the morning about her life in the world of embroidery. Here are a few pieces she showed us. 

For more please look at Brenda's blog www.brendascarmanembroidery.co.uk




In the afternoon, using kits Brenda had sold us, we sewed and chatted. I have a few extra raised embroidery kits (on sale or return) and will bring them along in October. 

The first person to send me a photo of their finished work was Jill. Ribbon work with help from Jacqui.


This is the piece I created using Brenda’s raised embroidery kit.


Here is an exquisite piece of work by Julie


A stunning embroidery by Kathy who attached the shells with shisha stitch


I look forward to putting more finished work on the blog by group members. Please email me your photos.