Thursday, 22 March 2012
Places are still available for her workshop on Sat 31st March. Non members are welcome, just message firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday, 17 March 2012
A good day was had by all at the March Stitch Club run by Jacqui Armitage, where members used embroidery stitches such as chain, whipped chain, French knots and satin stitch to create flowers and a 3-D dragonfly with wired organza wings, in their preferred colour schemes.
As usual, Jacqui gave everyone homework, i.e. they had to finish their samples at home!
Thursday, 1 March 2012
2 x 4” Embroidery Hoops
1x6” Embroidery Hoop
Tracing Paper & Dressmakers Carbon
Uncovered Cake/Florist wire
6” square of calico
2 x 4” squares of organza in 2 colours
Kreinik Blending Filament in black or black/gold
*8” square of ‘posh’ material to mount
Crewel, Beading, & Darning needles & sewing kit
Matching or clear Nymo thread
*If you are planning on using silk to mount this embroidery you will also need an additional 8” square of calico to back it with.
- 2 or 3 shades of green embroidery thread
- 2 or 3 shades of another colour for the flowers
- 2 or 3 shades of seed beads to match the flowers
- 3 colours of embroidery thread to compliment the colours of your organza – preferably with a sheen
- Bugle, Seed, Petite and 1 x 4mm bead to compliment your 3 shades of embroidery thread.
- Kreinik Blending Filament to contrast against your organza.
- A small amount of Kapok to stuff the thorax.