Time: 10:00 - 3:30
Cost: £25 to Lincoln Bailgate members, £30 to non members.
Venue: Lincoln Bailgate Methodist Church Hall, Bailgate, Lincoln
Please bring a packed lunch
Limited parking available.
If interested, please contact Jacqui Armitage on 01522 753670
Details and requirements below:
We will be making buttons and beads and textured motifs, creating patchwork, making lace and generally exploring some of the very many possibilities Friendly Plastic has to offer textile folk. You will learn some of the techniques that are my own discoveries, including Oooze! And lacework. This is a day of sampling ideas, you will go home with lots of techniques under your belt, ready for you to develop to suit your own creative directions. Whether they are in textiles, jewellery or papercrafting, Friendly Plastic will go where you want it to, and mix really happily with much of your existing crafting stash.
You need to know that there is a cost involved in that you will need some Friendly Plastic. I have plenty for you to buy n the day [at a very good price!], you will probably need about £5-£6 worth approximately, but beware, you may get the bug and want more! Of course you can share your purchasing with a friend to make your colour choices go further and reduce the overall cost to you. I will bring my mobile shop with lots of useful things you might be interested in. I look forward to meeting you on the day. Please note I cannot take cards, but will take cheques and cash.
Items marked with * can be borrowed or ** bought on the day
- Aluminium foil [good quality strong stuff]
- Work surface – old chopping board, 6mm window glass, rubber mat*
- Non-stick craft mat [not a cutting mat], the sort you can use in baking as well*
- Ball ended embossing tool or other round ended metal, glass or ceramic tool with a smooth end of about 2 – 4mm across*
- Needle tool, sometimes known as a quilling tool or pokey tool*
- Good strong sharp scissors*
- Heat gun*
- Metal, glass, PME or ceramic rolling pin – 10” piece of 1-2” copper central heating pipe works well*
- Metal sugarcraft cutters*
- Rubber stamps, metal or glass buttons or anything else that will make impressions [nothing plastic though]*
- Any Friendly Plastic you may have **
- Plastic container for cold water [old ice cream container is fine] You will need one between 2 people
- Old hand towel
- Paper towels /kitchen roll
- Tiny amount of cooking oil [a thimble full] or Vaseline
- Bamboo Skewers [not wooden ones please]*
- Soldering iron or hot stencil knife*[VERY optional!!]
Pleases bring a very small amount of the following:
- Chiffons [preferably synthetic] – your choice of colours
- Any fabrics, ribbon etc with holes in – net, lace, very fine sheets of Angelina fibres
- Assortment of beads, buttons, and flat backed cabochon style beads [optional]
BRING WHAT YOU CAN; DON’T WORRY ABOUT WHAT YOU CAN’T. I can lend you all the tools for the day, and everyone is usually very good about sharing their bits and bobs. So if you have trouble bringing things, please shrug it off, and just bring yourself and your enthusiasm.