Wednesday 23 May 2018

Sheila Walker's stitch club Stitched drawing 19th May 2018



Dear Sheila
I really enjoyed your stitch club last Saturday and thought you may like to see what I did with my experiments when I got home.
The tiny blue flowers in example one are real. I followed the method I’d been shown in April’s Stich Club. I don’t know what their name is but way back when I was a kid used to call them Dolly-blue-eyes.
In example 2 the two trees on far right and left were covered with organdie one piece had an orange flower pattern printed on it.
Many years ago when I lived in Essex there was a shop in Maldon that sold bankrupt and fire damaged stock. For very little money I bought rolls of the material that silk flowers are made from. The yellow material I used for the leaves were roughly scribbled on with felt tipped pens and then cut out. The tiny coloured buttons were a lucky find in the charity shop on Burton Road.
Vanda